The REB invites nominations and applications for positions on the Reacting Editorial Board.
The Reacting Editorial Board has three primary tasks:
· Working with authors, RC staff and UNC Press to move games from idea to published game.
· Establishing standards and expectations for traditional Reacting games (‘long-games’) and short games.
· Ensuring that Reacting to the Past games offer the best possible experience for students, faculty and staff.
REB members serve three-year renewable terms. Responsibilities include:
· Quarterly meetings (by zoom in spring, fall and winter, in person or zoom at the Annual Institute).
· Reviewing 2-4 game proposals per year (and reading review summaries of other game proposals).
· Participate in E-mail discussion at various times throughout the year.
· Other tasks as emerge during the year (represent the REB at a regional conference or the GDC, serve on temporary task forces, etc.)
To apply (or to nominate someone), please send a CV (short version is fine) and a letter of interest including your experience with Reacting to Kelly McFall at email@example.com. Experience with writing a Reacting game can be helpful in serving on the REB. But it is NOT required.
We will consider all applicants carefully. But we are especially interested in receiving applications from community members with experience in copywrite/permissions questions.
The Deadline for applications is 15 December. We’ll review the applications at our January meeting and notify applicants shortly after that meeting.